We are excited to announce our 3rd competition – The April CodeChef Challenge – which will run from April 1st 15:00 IST to April 15th 15:00 IST. As discussed, all code submissions from the April contest will be available after the contest is over. We have also extended the number of prizes from 3 to 5 including:
- Cannon EOS 1000D camera
- Bose Companion 5 Multimedia System
- Nintendo Wii
- 32 GB Pen Drive
- LED Binary Watch
If you come in 1st place, you can choose any of the prizes, if you come in 2nd place you can choose any of the prizes from 2nd place down (i.e. not the Canon camera), 3rd place nets you any of the prizes from 3rd-5th, etc…
The format of the contest will stay the same as our March competition:
- Contest problems will become visible on April 1st at 15:00 IST.
- The contest will consist of 6 problems of varying difficulty.
- You will receive one point for solving a problem (passing all test cases – no partial credit), regardless of the level of difficulty of that problem.
- You can submit solutions as many times as you’d like, there are no penalties for incorrect submissions.
- Each contest will have one min/max tie breaker problem (i.e. Place the mines!), where the best solution will receive one point and all other solutions will receive a fraction based how close they come to the best solution.
- In the unlikely case of an overall tie (including the same score on the tie-breaker) a winner will be randomly chosen from the top scorers.
We are considering ways to improve the scoring and format of future contests based on feedback we have received and our May contest might have some changes. As always, feel free to get in touch with us if you have questions or feedback.