The January 2011 Challenge is now over.
A few quick facts about this contest:
01. We had an Indian ranking the Global list for more than half of the contest. (Y)
02. David Stolp (aka pieguy) has managed to score 6.0 points, that’s a 100% score, a fabulous result indeed.
03. This month we have 6 Indians in the Global top 20 list, out of which Balajiganapathi and Uday Jalan have featured here for the first time.
04. From the international list we have Sergey Nagin, Md. Afrifuzzaman Arif, Danil Osherov, cnx, Dmytry Ignatenko and Andrey who have featured for the first time.
(That makes it 8 of of the top 20 are first timers.. 🙂 .. (Y) )
05. For the first time we’ve had an average score of 1.06 for the Indians users.
A special mention about our problem setter and tester for this months problems:
Zac Friggstad, Anton Lunyov, Ashar Fuadi, AnhDQ, Snigdha Chandan and Subrahmanyam (tester)
Lets look at some Stats and then move on to see the final winners list.
|Length of Contest||Unique Visitors||Unique Participants||Total Number of Submissions||User who have solved at least one problem|
|Country||Total Participants||Average Score per User|
|Rest of World||124||2.39|
Winners list for the January 2011 Contest:
01. Rudradev Basak (winner of prize money Rs. 12000)
02. Pratik Tandel (winner of prize money Rs. 8000)
03. Ashutosh Mehra
05. Suhas Venkatesh
06. Uday Jalan
07. Ravi Kiran
08. Nikhil Garg
09. Anil Kishore
11. Tasnim Khan
12. Anish Shankar
13. Sarang Bharadwaj
14. Krunal Manik
14. Ishani Parekh
14. Sushil Nath
18. Tushar Bisht
20. Pradeep George Mathias
01. David Stolp (winner of prize money $400)
02. Tiancheng Lou (winner of prize money $300)
03. Lai Luhang
04. Christian Matt
05. Sergey Nagin
06. Hiroto Sekido
07. Md. Arifuzzaman Arif
08. Balakrishnan Varadarajan
10. Danil Osherov
Congratulations to all.
If you haven’t yet checked out the editorials of the problems to this month’s contest please do so here.
We are running a 2.5 hours Cook-Off that is scheduled for 23rd January 2011 at 21:30 IST
If there is anything that you would like to let us know then do comment on this blog post or send in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org