The August Challenge 2011 is over!
The August contest has got quite a few winners at the top this time. It seems the winners are trying to prove a point that they want to be Number 1 and will not accept the 2nd spot this month 😉 🙂 . Anyways back to some stats, the Global rank saw 7 participants tied at 1st place and in the Indian winners, 3 people tied at 1st place.
Overall a good contest, a fair bit of difficulty this month with only 2 problems being easily solved.
Before we move on to the next section of the blog post, a special mention of the people who made this contest possible:
Vishal Anand, Ivan Mistreanu, Snigdha Chandan, Abdullah Mahmud and Anton Lunyov were the problem setters while Shilp Gupta was the diligent tester of this month’s contest.
Lets look at some Statistics and then move on to see the final winners list.
|Length of Contest||Unique Participants||Total Number of Submissions||User who have solved at least one problem|
|Country||Total Participants||Average Score per User|
|Rest of World||204||1.20|
Winners list for the August 2011 Contest:
01. Pratik Tandel (winner of prize money Rs. 6666)
01. rudradevbasak (winner of prize money Rs. 6666)
01. Varun Jalan (winner of prize money Rs. 6666)
05. Pradeep George Mathias
10. NAMIT .D. SHETTY
14. Paresh Verma
15. Nilesh Hamane
01. ACRush (winner of prize money $100)
01. gennady.korotkevich (winner of prize money $100)
01. meret (winner of prize money $100)
01. mikhailOK (winner of prize money $100)
01. Oleg (winner of prize money $100)
01. snapdragon (winner of prize money $100)
01. Tomasz Czajka (winner of prize money $100)
Congratulations to all.
If you haven’t yet checked out the editorials of the problems to this month’s contest please do so here.
We are running a 2.5 hours Cook-Off that is scheduled for 21th August 2011 at 21:30 IST
If there is anything that you would like to let us know then do comment on this blog post or send in an email to email@example.com