Following your discussions on our forum under “Changes from October Contest” and “Separate final test cases for Challenge Question,” starting from October Challenge 2013, after a lot of deliberation with our problem setting panel, we will be making a few changes in the way the scores for the challenge problem are being calculated:
- The score that you will see during the contest will only be partial (obtained on 20% of the test data).
- The submissions will be re-judged at the end of the contest to get full score (obtained on the whole test data).
- The number of submissions that one can make during the contest on the problem will be limited to 500.
This will be applicable for long challenges starting from October Challenge 2013. However, these are only provisional and we may change them based on the feedback that we receive from you guys.
How do these changes affect me?
In two simple ways:
- The rank table you see after the contest will not be final and will be subjected to change, after re-judging the submissions for the challenge problem.
- It may take us some time to declare the final winners and the updated rank tables.
- You will not be able to make more than 500 submissions for the problem during the contest.
Whatever you think of the above mentioned changes, do share with us.
Gear up for the October Challenge 2013 with a pinch of new rules to spice it up.
All the best.