It has been quite a long time since we presented the report card for our LunchTime contest. In fact it has been quite a long time since we presented the progress report of any of our contest. But with the year coming to an end, we too would like to wrap up all the pending posts, so that we can enter afresh into the New Year and be a tad more regular with our blogs. So, shedding away the lazy, here we are with the progress report of our August LunchTime 2014. We deeply apologize to put up such stale content for such a lively contest and can assure you that we will be more punctual with our coming posts. So, without any further adieu and devoid of any fancy adjectives to describe how sorry I am, let’s give you the hard facts of the contest.
The problem set of August LunchTime 2014 was penned by Constantine Sokol, while the testing was handled by Gedi Zheng. The elaborate editorials for the contest came from Lalit Kundu, while the extra spice in Mandarin translation came from Minako Kojima and Gedi Zheng, and the Russian variants were given by Sergey Kulik. The problem set was cooked precisely to please the code buds of our little programmers and they enjoyed the contest thoroughly.
The most exciting thing about the August LunchTime 2014 was that there were quite a lot of new names on the rank tables and some of them were from India as well. So, let us meet all the names in our rank table.
We start with our non-Indian top ten:
- yutaka1999 of Kaisei Junior High School and Senior High School, Japan
- gdisastery1 of tgm The School of Engineering, Austria
- vladamg98 of Mathematical Grammar School
- bayram of Bashkent Turkmen-Turkish High School
- domen111 of National Tainan First Senior High School
- tuxcoder of Chittagong Collegiate School
We only had 6 school students from outside India, so now, we move towards the Indian rank table:
- meteora of Chashak Gurukul (Homeschooling)
- neo1tech9_7 of Bharti Public School, New Delhi
- kodoos of Delhi Public School R.K. Puram
- debjit99 of Hijli High School, IIT, Kharagpur
- anubhav11 of Delhi Public School, Dwarka
- infinity_96 of Delhi Public School, Vasant Kunj
- mehra_hemant of Bhai Parmanand Vidya Mandir
- kewljerk of Dav Public School
- semiconductor of Dewan Public School, Hapur
- jasbirsingh of Rajkiya Pratibha Vikas Vidyalaya
- darkapex of Bal Bharati Public School, Pitampura
Congratulations to all the participants for their blistering performance in the August LunchTime 2014.
Seldom have we seen the Indian students outnumbering the students from other nation in our LunchTime and August LunchTime was one such rare moment. We would like to see more and more students from schools fighting it out for their place in that rank list. It not only will develop a healthy competition among the young students but will also yield a crop of ferociously competitive programmers and it will be interesting to see how the big guys combat them.
Now, let us have a look at the final stats of the August LunchTime 2014:
- Total Users: 1055
- Total Submissions: 5123
- Number of distinct users with correct submissions: 853
- Total users from India: 925
- Total users not from India: 130
Once again a big round of applause for everyone who participated in the contest. We hope you would have learned something and would have enjoyed a lot, which is exactly what we want from our LunchTime.
Now, to give you some more learning let us take you through the editorials of the contest. If you have not tasted them yet, then we suggest you go through them now.
That concludes this small tale of August LunchTime 2014. Once again I am sorry for the delay in putting it up. We will try and be more regular with our blog posts.
If you have any queries, doubts, or suggestions, which we are sure you must be having, feel free to shoot them our ways at: email@example.com
You can also call us at: (022) – 30797709
That will be all for now. See you all at the contests.