Yes, it is the final LunchTime of year 2014. And almost everyone we speak to these days is having trouble believing that the year has come to an end. Even for us, the year has flown by and we have all of you to thank for it. We had a wonderful time in all our contests throughout the year, and we hope you enjoyed them too. And the December LunchTime 2014 was the last one for the year, so let us have a quick look at the proceedings of the contest.
The problem set for the December LunchTime 2014 came from the experienced Taun Anh, who cooked up the problems perfectly to satisfy the young participants from schools. And the problem tester Gedi Zheng, who also was the Mandarin translator for them, gave his approval by thoroughly testing them. The editorials for the problems came from Praveen Vaka, for whom it was a kind of a comeback to the LunchTime series after a brief gap. So give him a warm welcome by munching his editorials. The Russian translation of the problem statement came from Sergey Kulik. With those names in the problem setting panel, we were all set to bid adios to the year 2014 by putting up one final contest for the year.
The December LunchTime 2014 started with a flurry of accepted submissions on TADELIVE, and it brought an instant joy for us. It was good to see participants enjoying the problems right from the start of the contest. The first AC came from yutaka1999 of Kaisei Junior High School and Senior High School, Japan and has been a regular name in our LunchTime rank table. And soon we found many more familiar names taking their places in the rank table. But there were comparatively new ones in fataleagle, fullpower, mazeyu and some others, which is a great sight to have. And to see who stood where on the rank table when the contest ended, let us take you through it.
First, the non-Indian top 10:
- xllend3 of Zhenhai High School, China
- fataleagle of Don Mills Collegiate Institute
- yutaka1999 of Kaisei Junior High School and Senior High School, Japan
- mazeyu of Zhenhai High School, China
- shizhouxing of Zhenhai High School, China
- function348of Hangzhou Xuejun High School
- fullpower of Hangzhou Xuejun High School
- gdisastery1 of tgm The School of Engineering, Austria
- zcc598066456 of Zhenhai High School, China
- fleimgruber of Höhere technische Bundeslehranstalt Leonding
And now, the Indian top 10:
- mbrc of South Point High School, Kolkata
- neo1tech9_7 of Bharti Public School, New Delhi
- tanay1998 of Delhi Public School R.K. Puram
- sdnr1 of Delhi Public School, Rohini
- additya1998 of Delhi Public School, Dwarka
- rajat1603 of Delhi Public School, Dwarka
- roxtar123 of Delhi Public School, Dwarka
- shubhangsati of Dwarka International School, Dwarka
- kushagra1729 of Apeejay School, Pitampura
- polingy of Delhi Public School R.K. Puram
Congratulations to all the winners on their final victory of the year 2014 and wishes for many more in the year 2015.
Now, let us give you the final stats for the December LunchTime 2014:
- Total Users: 1229
- Total Submissions: 6055
- Number of distinct users with correct submissions: 1138
- Total users from India: 1105
- Total users not from India: 124
If numbers don’t lie then we had one big fat LunchTime to farewell 2014 and meet 2015. And to make it even sweeter, we have the editorials for the December LunchTime served for you. So, what are you waiting for, go and enjoy them.
We hope you enjoyed the contest and are all ready with plans for the New Year party. So, without holding you back anymore, we will now take leave. We hope you had a wonderful 2014 and will have even better 2015.
Have a gala celebration at the New Year’s party and do share your funny party pics with us.
Till next time, TA-TA
Wish You All A Very Happy and Joyous New Year 2015.
See you at the contests, next year. 🙂