We know it’s a bit too late to tell you the tale of May LunchTime 2016, so let us start by apologizing for it. We are sorry! To make up for the delay and to make sure that there isn’t any delay in the future blog posts, we will try and keep the coming few posts short, but elaborate enough to not miss any important information regarding the contest.
So, let’s get started. The May LunchTime 2016 was set by Amit Pandey and tested by Prateek Gupta, who also penned the editorials for the contest. The problems revolved around Akhil and his various adventures, which the participants enjoyed a lot. And the total submission number of 3437 into the contest, does affirms that fact.
Now, while the submission kept on coming right from the very start of the contest, there were not too many changes in the names on the rank table. Especially, right at the top where nano_ape of Shantou Jinshan High School established his dominance one hour after joining the contest and with all four problems in the bag. He did saw some threat in crucian of 1 High School in Grodzisk Mazowiecki, who also solved all four problems, but just not as fast as nano_ape. And with that we got our 1st and 2nd on the rank table.
Now, let us take you through to the complete rank table from the contest to meet the others who adorned the May LunchTime 2016 rank table.
First, the ROW top 10:
- nano_ape of Shantou Jinshan High School
- crucian of 1 High School in Grodzisk Mazowiecki
- rubabredwan of Rajshahi University School
- chpipis of Evangeliki Model High School, Greece
- nurbakhyt of Almaty Kazakh – Turkish High School
- elibay98 of Issyk Kazakh – Turkish High School
- ruhanhabib39 of Kids Tutorial
- akali of Issyk Kazakh – Turkish High School
- roman_derkach of Kremenchuk Boarding Lyceum for Gifted Children
- aidyn12 of Almaty Kazakh – Turkish High School
Now, the Indian top 10:
- anupam_datta of DAV Model School
- debjitdj of Army Public Schoo
- rohitkv77 of Army Public School, Dighi Pune
- c1_6 of Birla Vidya Niketan, New Delhi
- swetanjal of La Martiniere for Boys, Calcutta
- sgk123 of National Public School, Indiranagar
- shreerockz15 of Ryan International School
- vaibhav29498 of Manav Sthali School
- canopus of La Martiniere for Boys, Calcutta
- rohit_verma of Army Public School, Dighi Pune
Now, while there are quite a lot of familiar names shining on that rank table, it’s worth mentioning that it was the maiden LunhcTime win for anupam_datta of DAV Model School. Anupam made his debut in LTIME25 and has been a regular since then. His coming up through the ranks is huge testament of the fact that hard work and persistence prevails all. We wish him all the best for the coming years and hope to see him attain further heights.
On that happy note, we would like to take you to the editorials for the contest and put an end to this already delayed post.
Now, before we take your leave, we would like to thank Sergey Kulik, VNOI Team, and Hu Zecong, for the Russian, Vietnamese, and Mandarin translations respectively for the problems, and our beloved contest admin Praveen Dhinwa.
That will be all from us for now. We will come soon with the tales from the June contests. Till then, keep coding.
See you at the contests.