The June LunchTime 2016 and the June Cook-off 2016 made up for a busy weekend, right at the very end of the summer vacations. The reason being, their re-scheduling to accommodate the new schedule of SnackDown 2016 Elimination Round. But knowing you guys, we were sure that there won’t be any complaints regarding squeezing two contests in one weekend. And that’s exactly what happened.
The problems of Pavel Sheftelevich were greeted joyously by the participants. And the contest was off to a flyer. The first problem to get an AC was OMWG, which was cracked under a minute by sugim48. The second submission came on LCOLLIS by the rajat1603 and even though it didn’t see the green tick, it certainly sparked the competition by the arrival of heavyweights in the early stages of the competition. Soon, we saw sampritipanda, fauzdar65, xellos0 and many other names that we have been following appear at different stages and at different places o the rank table.
The approaches were different, the tactics were different, however, the ultimate goal here was the same for everyone and that was to take home the June LunchTime 2016. And while there were quite a few impressive performances during the contest, the one that stood above all came from na2a of Aktobe Kazakh -Turkish High School. It took him an hour to bag all four of the problems from the contest and without conceding any penalties. The only problem that kept him busy for a tad longer than others was SQNUMBF. It took him 4 submissions, but na2a finally solved the mystery of Square in numbers. And in doing so, he also claimed the top spot on the rank table.
To know who all accompanied him on the rank table, let us take you through it.
We start with the ROW top 10:
- na2a of Aktobe Kazakh -Turkish High School
- watcher of Atomic Energy High School
- kmcode of Omori 7th Junior High School
- roman_derkach of Uzhhorod National University, Ukraine
- capawesome of Nancho Popovich Maths and Science High School Shumen, Bulgaria
- zedthirtyeight of Gymnasium 51
- vladik of Club of Young Firefighters, Mozyr
- msaska9 of Fazekas Mihály Gimnázium
- sanroylozan of Debreceni Fazekas Mihály Gimnázium
- zoomswk of Triam Udom Suksa School, Bangkok
Now, we move towards the Indian top 10:
- rajat1603 of Delhi Public School, Dwarka
- aneesh2312 of Atomic Energy Central School
- c_utkarsh of Delhi Public School, Ranipur
- sampritipanda of Sai International School
- geekpradd of Delhi Public School Guwahati
- littleelephant of DAV Public School
- anupam_datta of DAV Model School
- arpanb8 of DAV Model School
- tanmay_sachan of Delhi Public School, Faridabad
- swetanjal of La Martiniere for Boys, Calcutta
Congratulations to all the winners!
And now, here are the final stats for June LunchTime 2016:
- Total Users: 1708
- Total Submissions: 12201
- Number of distinct users with correct submissions: 1407
- Total users from India: 647
- Total users not from India: 1061
Finally, the editorials:
With that, we have reached the final segment of the June LunchTime 2016; we hope you enjoyed this curtailed tale as much as you enjoyed the contest. We will come back soon with the stories from the July contests. We surely will.
Till then, keep coding.