It might be the last contest of the month, but our LunchTime is the one we anticipate the most, for it brings us the brightest young talent from schools across the globe. There have been many names that we have seen grow as a force to reckon with during the course of our LunchTime contests only and there are many others to look forward to. So, you see, in addition to a great programming battle between the whizz-kids, some exciting problems, and an action packed Saturday evening, there is a lot to look forward to when it comes to our LunchTime contests.
And the August LunchTime 2016 was no exception. With Sergey Kulik, Shah Harshil Ketankumar, and Pawel Kacprzak on the problem setting panel, we were assured of a high-octane contest, with plenty of exciting battle for the top spot. And the competition was not only fierce on the schools rank table; even the general rank table saw a lot of action. Let’s start with the main rank table.
The fight to the top here was between someone who we have seen come through ranks and attain the status of pretty much a legend now, and the established legends of CodeChef rank tables. We are talking about rajat1603, who recently joined Chennai Mathematical Institute and is n more a school student and the likes of anta0, acmonster, uwi and others. We have seen Rajat win a Cook-Off while being in school, so it was not so much of a surprise than a treat to watch. And it always is, when you see someone grow in stature in such a short span of time. Rajat started strongly with ALPHABET, which he solved in the first 5 minutes of the contest, following it up with TREEDIAM in the 26th minute. However, LFSTACK and AVGSHORT troubled him a bit, with AVGSHORT taking maximum submissions for the green tick. As oppose to Rajat, anta0 got all his four problems in four straight submissions, and secured the top spot on the rank table.
The scene on the schools rank table was not all that different either, with nano_ape of Shantou Jinshan High School, battling with the LunchTime debutant shivam312 of Delhi Public School, Rohini. And while nano_ape took six submissions to reach the top, shivam312 showed some great persistence for his three problems and took home the second spot in his debut LunchTime. There were few other names too that caught our attention and to tell you all of them, let us take you to the rank table of our August LunchTime 2016.
We start with the ROW top 10:
- nano_ape of Shantou Jinshan High School
- iman_gh of Allameh Helli High Schools
- na2a of Aktobe Kazakh -Turkish High School
- kmcode of Omori 7th Junior High School
- zscoder of Chung Ling High School
- ruhanhabib39 of Kids Tutorial
- tasmeemreza of SOS Hermann Gmeiner School and College
- hloya_ygrt of Club of Young Firefighters, Mozyr
- phoenix1369 of Don Mills Collegiate Institute
- thanglegons of Chuyên Hùng Vương
And now the Indian top 10:
- shivam312 of Delhi Public School, Rohini
- shreerockz15 of Ryan International School
- adi19988 of Mount Carmel School
- torque of Ryan International School, Jaipur
- swetanjal of La Martiniere for Boys, Calcutta
- yogesh01 of Delhi Public School, Dwarka
- geekpradd of Delhi Public School Guwahati
- vishrutjai of Amity International School, Saket
- sampritipanda of Sai International School
- aulene of Delhi Public School, Mathura Road
Kudos, To all our young geniuses on their performance into the contest!
Before we move forward let us give you the final figures from the contest. The numbers from the contest:
- Total Users: 2110
- Total Submissions: 9049
- Number of distinct users with correct submissions: 1910
- Total users from India: 597
- Total users not from India: 1513
And now, it’s editorial time. We hope you already have gone through, but with the ACM ICPC 2016 – 2017 season ahead, should you need to polish your strengths and concepts, here they are for you.
That brings us to the final segment of the post. We hope you enjoyed it as much as you enjoyed the problems from the contest. If you have anything for us, you know where to reach us.
With that, we will wrap us this post. Thanks for being with us through the post and through the contest. We will soon start publishing the posts from the September contests, so keep reading. And with ACM ICPC 2016 – 2017 starting, we will have many interesting tales to tell and if you have a tale, you can always reach us and we would publish it here.
Till next time, adios.
See you at the contests.