Supporting and encouraging women is a year-round thing, but today we stop, reflect, proclaim for accelerating women’s equality, and celebrate the ones breaking the glass ceiling. Despite all the challenges, we see women choosing themselves, standing up for parity, and thriving in their fields. This year too, we bring to the red carpet the Top 10 Women* on Global and Indian ranklist from the CodeChef community.
|Global Rank||Country Rank||Name||Country|
|513||34||Kirika Yuumura (6★kirika_comp)||Japan|
|802||8||Hsin-Yi, Wang (6★hiwang123)||Taiwan|
|1421||14||Davidescu Irina (6★irina)||Romania|
|506||125||Arooshi Verma (6★av221)||India|
|757||241||Malvika Joshi (6★meteora)||India|
|1046||406||Jyoti Agrawal (6★jyoti851999)||India|
|1597||750||Uhini Mukherjee (5★uhini0215)||India|
|1865||918||Aditi Khatri (5★aditi060303)||India|
Every year, as we celebrate women’s day and reflect on the progress, we are happy to see how far we have come. Here are a few highlights of the journey from the last year:
- We conducted the #30DaysofCPChallenge contest for women and provided a One-on-One mentorship to 51 participants!
- Women in Competitive Programming Facebook community has become 5k stronger in less than two years!
- Our excellent Moderators, Divanshi Gupta and Soumya Malgonde have started with a DSA Learning routine on the Facebook group where every week, the members solve a topic’s problems and then discuss them by the end of the week.
- We have also set some new year’s resolutions for the community!
- We continue to distribute prizes for women winners in the monthly rated contests on CodeChef.
- We also conducted the first-ever roundtable conversation with women in CP with our Facebook community.
Before we buckle up ourselves for the further journey, let’s take a quick look at what the numbers say from the past one year.
CodeChef has 88780 newly registered female users since March 2020, but the total still remains to be just 19% of the entire community. Furthermore, only 11% of these females feature on the rated leaderboard. And amongst these, as few as 9% are 3-star and above!
Well, this doesn’t look great, does it? So, we need to work harder and while we always speak of being gender-inclusive, we never really had a common goal to achieve. A GOAL, for each of us, to work towards as a community! And it may sound too ambitious, but together we can achieve it. Won’t we? So, together, let’s #ChooseToChallenge every barrier that doesn’t encourage ‘her’ enough.
Now, what can we do exactly? For starters, each of us can aim to motivate and support at least 1 woman around us to participate and perform in contests. The goal is to bring the 11% rated female users closer to 50%, and help make a gender-balanced leaderboard! (Also, did you notice? We now have a user-gender filter feature on the leaderboard for you to keep a tab on the female ratings!)
Once again, let’s capture the spirit of International Women’s Day and spread the word to #StandForHer as she stands for herself and her being! A happy women’s day to everyone, from women to men, allied in this journey.
We also got some special presents for the special month, so don’t forget to spread the word to grab them all!
Special Prizes for women in the CodeChef Monthly Contests:
- A double number of prizes for the women winners in all the monthly contests. For example: Instead of Top 5, Top 10 will get the winner laddus in the Long Challenge contest! Participate Now!