Time flies, and August lasted for like five minutes, right? The month was for sure eventful with lots of contests, and now it’s time to see who all came to the top for the first time in each contest.
Newbies in the top 100 in Division 1
- Dhruv Sharma from the International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad, who was last seen in the April Cook-Off, increased his rank from 210 to 73 and was in the top 100 for the first time.
- Harsh Kumar from BITS, Hyderabad, gained 119 points and managed to grab a position in the top 100 as well.
- Prakhar Neema ( IIT, Kanpur), Anish Sofat ( IIT, Kharagpur) and Gurdeep Singh ( IIT, Roorkee) solved four questions and rose to the top for the first time.
Newbies in the top 50 in Division 2
- Ritik Singla from the Netaji Subhas University of Technology solved six questions, gained 159 points, and secured the 8th rank for the first time.
- Hareesh from Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore, procured 199 points and is now at 19th rank.
- While we see students striving to improve their skills, we also have industry specialists enhancing their skillset, and Durga Prasad from General Electric is an example.
- Both Reddy Nishanth and Abhinav Ayush from IIT, Guwahati, came in the top 100 for the first time. Reddy Nishanth achieved this feat by solving five questions and gaining 156 points. At the same time, Abhinav gained 96 points and is now in the 37th rank.
Newbies in the top 50 in Division 3
- Prateek Gupta, from KL University, improved his Cook-Off rank from 7616 to a global rank of 3! He managed to do this by solving all eight questions and gained a solid 224 points!
- Shubham Bhadada from Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surathadada, procured 227 points and earned his place in the top 50 for the first time.
- Few other achievers who are in the top 50 rank list for the first time are Nitin Singh Rawat ( Lovely Professional University), Udit Khemka ( Bharati Vidyapeeth College of Engineering), and Shakib Ahmed ( University School of Information, Communication and Technology).
First Time Indian Coders In Top 100 In Division 1
- Manvendra Singh Rathore from IIT, Mandi solved four questions, collected 215 points and improved his rank to 46. Whereas Shashwat Gupta from IIT, Roorkee collected 85 points and earned his spot in the top 100.
- Shivam Garg ( Netaji Subhas University of Technology) and Shubham Pandey ( Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad) solved the same set of questions and made it to the top for the first time.
First Time Indian Coders In Top 50 In Division 2
- Sarav Sikka from the Netaji Subhas University of Technology gained a solid 156 points and rose to the top for the first time.
- Srujana Patil from Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Technology made it into the top 50 by solving four questions and gaining 211 points.
- Bharat Singla from Venkateshwar International School improved his Lunchtime rank from 224 to 26 within a month!
- Anil Negi from Birla Institute of Technology Mesra is an example of how constant hard work will eventually reap excellent results. He has constantly participated in these contests, improved his skills and rank, and finally broke into the top 50!
First Time Indian Coders In Top 50 In Division 3
- Ashish Barnawal from the Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati participated in Lunchtime after a gap of 1 year. He gained 234 points and increased his rank from 5753 to 5!
- M Shashanka from M. S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bengaluru, solved five questions and procured rank 29 in the contest.
- While we saw students from Universities battle, young coders from schools also gave them a run for their money in the contest.,Divyansh Garg ( Sri Venkateshwar International School), and the Decent Boy ( Kids Valley School), also secured a position in the rank list.
Newbies in the top 50 in Division 3
- Pranav Nair from IIT, Guwahati, earned his place in the top 50 by solving four questions and gaining 197 points.
- A programmer never stops learning, and Kashish Bansal, a professional from Google, also participated in this contest and earned his sweet spot in the top 50!
- Few other coders who broke the barriers and are in the limelight are Shubham Saket ( Lovely Professional University), Akash Narayan ( NIT, Patna), Poojitha ( K L University), and Khatri Ravi (G H Patel College of Engineering and Technology).
And the stars in Division 3 are…
- Sagar A from Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Bangalore, grabbed 188 points and secured a global rank of 8 in the contest.
- Rashmi Gupta (Institute of Engineering and Technology, Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya), Ananya Prakash Singh (Mary Lucas School & College, Allahabad), and Abhirami R ( IIT, BHU), all three women Competitive Programmers, also came to the top for the first time.
- Ansh, and Gautam Misra, both from IIIT, Allahabad, solved four questions and gained a place in the top 50 rank list.
Starters 10 came with a twist, and this time the contest was rated for both Division 2 and 3! Let’s take a look at the newcomers in the top 50 for both divisions.
Newbies who made their mark in Division 2
- Shashish Maurya, Aparajey Singh, and Sudip Chakraborty, all three from IIT, Kharagpur, came to the top 50 for the first time.
- Amit Dwivedi from NIT, Silchar, bagged the 19th rank in his first attempt in Starters itself!
- Anshul Aggarwal from Delhi Technological University scored 169 points and is now in the 29th rank for the first time.
Newbies who made their mark in Division 3
- Sahil Vasuja ( Chitkara University, Himachal Pradesh) increased his Starters rank from 2521 to 10 in just two days!
- Starters 10 was the second-rated contest that Gautam Sanjay Wadhwani (VIT, Chennai) participated in, and he secured a rank of 15 by solving five questions.
- Few other coders who rose to the top are Sakshi Sachan (JSS Academy of Technical Education, Noida), Anirudh ( Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology), Karan Soni (Bangalore Institute of Technology), and Aashish Bhardwaj ( R.D. Engineering College Ghaziabad).
Pheew, that was lots of names, right?! If you want to know more about these contests check this blog out to have a quick recap. Now keep hustling until you become the next rising star.